Try these Caring Family approved sites!
- The epic Whole Food Plant Based nutrition main site: http://www.forksoverknives.com
- Johns Hopkins Health after 50: http://www.hopkinsafter50.com/ Lots of well written articles on subjects and pitching their books too.
- Mayo Clinic's "the best" site for all: http://www.mayoclinic.com/ Packed full of awesome, patient oriented literature- even recipes!!
- American Heart Association- a very nice non-commercial site http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200000
- What an incredibly awesome site!! http://www.kinderstart.com Not hard core science but well written and practical kids advice Kids growth charts http://www.halls.md/chart/child-growth/pediatric.htm For those who want to have their own growth chart at home!
- American Board of Pediatrics http://www.abp.org/ Confirm that your doctor is board certified (we all are!!)
- Dr. Green's pediatrics site with more original information from down under http://www.drgreene.com/
- New England journal of Medicine http://content.nejm.org/ The most trusted weekly journal has some material viewable for free.
- National Cancer Institute http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/ Incredible amount of information here!! All meat but written for patients.
- National Organization "Healthfinder" http://healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/ Incredibly comprehensive site also available in Spanish.
- Kids Health http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/
- WebMD newsletter-style http://my.webmd.com/webmd_today/home/default More commercials in this than a sitcom- but well-written and interesting info
- American Academy of Family Physicians' site http://familydoctor.org/ Great non-commercial site with lots of great information.
- Health Guide to web sites http://www.emedical.com.au/default.asp?PageId=21
- From our friends down-under (Australia)- fascinating ratings by MD's of various sites http://www.mdmag.com/ Our own country's guide to web sites for finding great medical information.
- Lurie Children's site https://www.luriechildrens.org/en-us/Pages/index.aspx
- Health in recovery http://www.soberrecovery.com/